Monday 21 June 2010

Sales wish list entry number 2, 3 and 4 - net-a-porter shoe special

Today is the longest day of the year in the UK, and boy does it feel like it. It's been one of those days - the ones where you just about juggling everything and then someone tells you that your monthly pay form never reached the finance department and you want to go and cry in the toilet, but you can't. Anyway, all the deadlines were met. Well, most of them. And HR have promised that they've fast tracked my new pay forms and I'm at home sitting on my big comfy white bed and now it's time to relax... which is why I've been inflicting more pain on myself by looking at the shoes in the net-a-porter sale. I'll get onto the clothes when I'm feeling a bit stronger.
So here are the best, the worst and what's made it onto the wish list.
Let's start with the worst, and boy we're not spoilt for choice in that category this season. But these are truly, truly heinous - thigh high, slouch Uggs. I can't even think of anything else to say about them, they are so awful. My poor eyes.

Australia Luxe Collective slouch thigh high boots reduced from £280 to £168 (but surely no-one can be so blind as to spend that kind of money on something so awful, right? Please just agree with me or I may want to end it all).

Now let's move on to the most wanted. First we have these pleasingly chunky black suede platform sandals from Marni, a measly £322...
Marni suede platform sandals reduced to £322 from £460

Moving up the chain of desire, Donna Karan shares second place with Maison Martin Margiela, although the Margiela's are actually approaching affordability at £192.50, while the Donna Karan's are still way off in fantasy land at the rather random £312.50.
Donna Karan Linen-canvas platform sandal reduced to £312.50 from £625
Maison Martin Margiela Overlap leather pumps reduced to £192.50 from £385


But top of the list are these. I just want to stroke them and stare at my feet in them. I'd keep them in dust bags and clean them with a special brush and everything (that is probably a lie, but they would definitely be kept in their box).  
Thakoon strip-section suede sandals reduced to £385 from £770

Are there any that make your heart flutter? Do tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment